Friday 9 March 2018

IBM's Michelle Peluso Thinks Men Play a Key Role in the Fight for Gender Equality

This is a story about what a man can do — about what men can do. Surprised I want to talk about men on International Women’s Day? Well, I’m an incredibly determined woman, who is generally fearless about taking on challenges and surrounding myself with exceptional people. I always love learning, and try to maintain a healthy degree of humility about all the ways I can still improve. And, I’m almost ruthless with my time and using it in ways that match what I believe my priorities are – which very much include being a really present and active mom to my two young children, and a good partner to my husband. Much of this has helped me succeed.

But it’s International Women’s Day, and it’s Women’s History Month, and for all the progress we’ve made, the pace is still agonizingly slow. Women only make up about a quarter of leadership roles in business and less than 20% of C-suite and board positions.



Source: Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment